HomeSTATSMatch ReportsSeason 2010/11Chorley 0-1 Guiseley 20/11/10

Chorley 0-1 Guiseley 20/11/10

Saturday November 20th
FA Trophy, 3rd Qualifying Round

Chorley’s run in the Trophy came to an end with a debateable goal against a side 43 places higher up the non-league pyramid.

The game was evenly contested throughout with both defences standing strong.

The first half was extremely tight with few chances created by either side. The best of the few being a ball in from the Guiseley right wing that Dean Porter gathered comfortably five minutes before the interval, and at the other end Chorley might have had a penalty when Shelton Payne was downed inside the area, but the referee waved play on.

Into the second half and the first chance fell to Dale Whitham, whose header was easily saved.

At the other end Joe O’Neill tested Porter with a header, then Porter pulled off a great save to keep the scores level.

The only goal came when O’Neill found himself in possession, and perhaps off-side, but no whistle came and he drew Porter our before knocking the ball home round the diving keeper.

Aaron Rey and Matt Jansen were added to the attack, but the closest we came to an equaliser was a Payne shimmy and shot that raced across the goal mouth.

Time to concentrate on the league?

Starting XI: Dean Porter, Lee Woodyatt, Tom Walker, Nick Meace, Andy Russell, Dale Whitham, Jack Dorney, Steve Flitcroft, Jordan Stepien, Tom Ince, Shelton Payne

Subs: Matt Jansen () Aaron Rey (), Nathan Fairhurst, Jonathan Smith, Aaron Grundy

Att: 890

Goal: (Joe O’Neill)72 Man of the Match: Tom Ince, worked tirelessly throughout.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Next @ Victory Park

Saturday April 1st

Friday April 14th

On Our Travels

Saturday April 8th

Monday April 17th

CFC 200 Club Members

The Roebuck

Abrams Ashton

Builders Supplies (West Coast) Ltd

Social stuff

Follow Chorley FC on Facebook  Follow Chorley FC on Twitter
Listen to Chorley FC on AudioBoo  Listen to Chorley FC on MagpieWatch