HomeSTATSMatch ReportsSeason 2013/14Worksop Town 1-4 Chorley - 26/10/2013

Worksop Town 1-4 Chorley - 26/10/2013

Saturday October 26th, 3pm


Chorley travelled to free scoring yet free conceding Worksop on Saturday. With a strong wind behind the home team in the first half Both teams set out there stall by pressing each other when on the ball. As Chorley passed the ball between the defence the ball was laid off to Sam Ashton who's attempted clearance was pressured by Worksop with the ball striking on the on rushing player and rebounded into the open goal.

From here Chorley did not panic and continued to press the opposition, although you can see why Worksop score plenty with the towering Tom Denton causing lots of problems in the air. On 14 minutes an in swinging corner was not dealt with by the Worksop defence and keeper resulting with the ball being played back into the box for Dale Whitam to fire in an equaliser.

With play continuing to go from end to end this was a fantastic game for the neutral with both teams having many chances each cancelling each other out. Worksop managed to work a few good moves with Sam Ashton making up for his early mistake with a couple of fantastic saves. Chorley also pressed for a second and a challenge between Andy Teague and Ton Denton ended up with Chorley's captain ending up with a blooded head as the head gash from earlier in the season appeared to re open. Towards the end if the first half the ball was worked out onto the right hand side and Josh Hine then hit a sublime shot from out wide over the keepers head as he stood in no mans land.

Into the second half and Chorley started to apply more pressure as they started to take advantage of the wind at there backs. With the defence standing firm, the midfield battling and the forwards working hard Chorley really did take a strangle hold of the game. On 64 minutes Adam Roscoe replaced the battling Jamie Vermiglio and started to use his height to assist target man James Dean. 

On 72 minutes Chorley added a third with what was the best move of the game. The ball was worked down the left and Darren Stephenson then worked himself some space to put in an excellent cross which was well met in the box by Adam Roscoe to power a header home. With this the home team appeared to start tiring, Darren Stephenson was replace by Simon Wiles who made himself busy from the minute he stepped foot on the pitch. 

On 79 minutes Josh Hine chased what appeared to be a lost cause only for the Worksop defender and keeper fail to make a decision between them and nick the ball and finish from a very tight angle. 

5 minutes later Josh Hine was replaced by Brandon Zibaka making his debut and didn't take long to get involved. Again putting in a lot of graft James Dean found himself on the right and side if the box and pulled the ball back to the penalty spot to Zibaka who had the goal at his mercy only to fluff his shot and take away the goal that would of capped a dream debut for the Magpies.

As the final whistle blew every player should be proud of there performance in what was a fantastic win.

Report by James Wilson

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Facebook Twitter AudioBoom Instagram

Next @ Victory Park

Saturday January 27th

Saturday February 17th

On Our Travels

Saturday January 20th

Tuesday January 30th